a Christmas meme

Now it's December I am officially allowed to talk about Christmas... wooooooooo!*
*Yeah, like that rule has ever stopped me

I read this Christmas meme a little while ago on Sara's blog, Sarbear's Journey, and just couldn't resist having a go at it myself...

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? 
Hot chocolate every time - I have some amazing hot chocolate flavours which always get cracked out at Christmas - praline, white chocolate, strawberry, orange and mint are my favourites, nyom! I don't think I have ever even had egg nog...

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? 

Yoyo and I wrap everything, but Santa brings gifts which are left in our stockings.

3. Coloured lights on tree/house or white?

White lights might be more grown up, but there's nothing better than masses of brightly coloured lights!

4. Do you hang mistletoe? 

I don't think I ever have - plus the berries are poisonous and I don't trust certain meowers...

5. When do you put your decorations up?
I have been known to put them up as early as the beginning of November, as a special treat for my birthday - but usually I wait until 1st December. When I was little we always put up our decorations and tree on my last day of school - but I just can't wait that long any more!

6. What is your favourite holiday dish? 

honey-roasted parsnips *drools*

7. Favourite Holiday memory as a child? 

I loved going to bed on Christmas Eve quietly singing Christmas carols to myself, and then waking up to a full stocking on Christmas morning - which always included a clementine, a bag of chocolate coins and a sugar mouse! Oh, and in the mornings we would always go to my granny's house after church - she had real candles on her tree (and still does) which is one of the most exciting things ever, I've never known anyone else with real candles on their tree!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?

The truth about what????

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?

Sometimes if I'm feeling cheeky I'm allowed to, and when I was a kid I was allowed just one.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? 

I love having a real tree, but it's so wasteful when I don't have a garden to keep it in for the next year, so now I have a fake one named Sprout. I go through phases of being sensible and ridiculous, so sometimes it's absolute tack-o-rama in my house, and sometimes I try to keep it tasteful. Last year was nice and woodland themed, so this year I'm going with tacky and brightly coloured. 

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? 

Since we never really get enough to cause too much damage, I love it. Plus it means we sometimes have Snow Days and can't get into work - though we all still manage to get to the park down the round to make snow ducks and have snowball fights.

12. Can you ice skate? 

Yep!

13. Do you remember your favourite gift?

I like anything that has been made for me - it really shows when people have put effort into making things for you, and I love it!

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you?

I love seeing all my extended family and the warmth and love I feel for the people around me. Oh, and carol services - I love love love Christmas carols.

15. What is your favourite Holiday Dessert? 

Well there are obviously mince pies and we normally have panettone as well - delish!

16. What is your favourite holiday tradition?

I like going to midnight mass, but it's not the same when it's not with my mummy, and as I am so rarely with my parents for actual Christmas, I don't really enjoy it any more. But Christmas morning is still my favourite bit - I love snuggling in my pyjamas with a hot cup of chocolate and opening all my stocking gifts, and then phoning my mum to tell her what I got!

17. What tops your tree?

Last year it was a toy orangutan from my friend Ruth, and the year before it was a penguin, so this year - who knows!

18. Which do you prefer - giving or receiving? 

I love seeing people's faces when they open gifts that I have given them, or made for them, but I get really embarrassed when I have to open stuff in front of other people - I would far rather just give gifts!

19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum?

I'm not too keen on the peppermint ones, though they always manage to find their way onto my tree somehow.

20. Favourite Christmas show? 

I don't really watch TV around Christmas - though there are some films that I have to watch around Christmas time - Bridget Jones's Diary, Aladdin, Bernard and the Genie, Love Actually, Elf and of course, Home Alone.

21. Saddest Christmas Song? 

Ummm, I'm not sure... maybe 'Lonely This Christmas' by Mud.

22. What is your favourite Christmas song?

'Last Christmas' by Wham! It's pretty much my favourite song anyway, let alone my favourite Christmas song, and 'All I Want For Christmas Is You' by Mariah. Awesome sauce.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I flippin' love Christmas - I'm think I'll go and listen to some Christmas albums and wrap some gifts! Woop!

Let me know if you do this meme, I'm interested to see all your answers!

4 hellos:

Sara said...

Real candles?! I would love to see that in person. So, invite me to granny's for parsnips, cocoa, and candle gazing? :) Have a happy holiday!

-Sara-

Vixie said...

I know, I've never known anyone have actual candles - most people just have fairy lights!

You're more than welcome to join us - if you wanna fly over to London?!

Have a fantastic holiday! xxx

Unknown said...

Wow. Love your answers - can I steal this?

Vixie said...

Of course! I look forward to seeing your answers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...