Happy Birthday, Gary Barlow!


When I was 9 years old I was obsessed with a certain boyband by the name of Take That. In those days, it was the cheeky-faced Mark Owen who made my heart race, but since their reformation that has all changed...

In 1991, Gary Barlow was 20 years old. He had spiky peroxide blonde hair and a nose stud, and was my least favourite member of the band. When my little brother was still pretty young, about 3 years old, he adored Gary Barlow. It was a peculiar feeling to argue, at the age of 12, with my 3 year old brother about who was the best member of Take That. My mum sided with Richard, as she'd always had a soft spot for Gary too, but I was adamant that Mark was my favourite, and therefore the best member of the group, and that was that.

I was devastasted when they split up in 1996, but in 2005 Take That made a comeback.

Mark Owen still looked almost exactly the same, a little stubblier perhaps, but Gary had blossomed into a dashingly handsome grown-up man.

I tried to fight it, but there was no denying it - Gary Barlow was officially a hotty.


Today is Gary's 41st birthday, and he's still looking good!

Who do you think has aged better?

3 hellos:

Alex said...

This made me chuckle a lot! His penchant for Gary Barlow has not died...
xxx
p.s I dislike gary barlow!

The Tote Trove said...

Funny post! Yep, Gary has grown up into quite the fine man . . .

Vixie said...

I'm so glad to hear that Rich still has a place in his heart for Gary, though I'm disappointed at your admission... he's such a fine man!

And I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...