the first butterfly of the year

Last night I had an amazingly vivid dream involving chrysalids and butterflies, and then this afternoon I saw my first butterfly of 2012. Years ago, this momentous occasion would have set me off on a wild buzz of excitement, in which I would phone my Granny B to let her know I'd seen a peacock or a tortoiseshell, or even just a cabbage white; at that age, all butterflies were exciting beyond my little belief.

I can't phone my Granny to let her know I saw my first butterfly today, but I'm sure she'd be utterly thrilled that it wasn't a peacock, or a tortoiseshell, or a cabbage white that I saw: it was a majestic red admiral.

photo by Brian Stone

If I were more of a hippy than I am, perhaps I might think that by dreaming of butterflies, my subconscious is telling me that something is transforming, or has transformed recently, in my life. It'll have something to do with metamorphosis or transition, certainly... what do you think?

But tbh I'm more interested in pretty butterfly things...

You are too? Well, let's get on with it then!

{one} {two} {three} {four} {five} {six}

Have you seen any butterflies yet this year?

6 hellos:

Unknown said...

Maybe it is a metamorphosis. Either way the butterflies are beautiful.

Claire said...

No flutterbies yet, but my eyes are peeled!

Vixie said...

Perhaps it is, yeah. I was so excited about my first flutterby that I think I may have squealed!

Kaz said...

Nope, but I did see a gigantic bumble bee the size of my head (almost)!

Vixie said...

Wooooooo, I haven't seen any beeeees yet!

Anne Butera said...

Yes! I saw two the day before yesterday! So exciting!!

Hooray for Spring!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...