Shakespeare with a 90's twist



Our first trip of the year to Shakespeare's Globe was to watch my favourite play, King Lear. I studied it for my English Literature ‘A’ Level, and have seen as many versions of it as I’ve possibly been able. The last version we saw was while we were in Jersey last year, where we were embraced by an actual storm halfway through the performance.

This version is The Globe’s touring play - and the main reason I wanted to see it was because Lear is being played by none other than Joseph Marcell!

You might not recognise the name, but I kid you not – King Lear was played by GEOFFREY from The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air! Can you believe it!?


3 hellos:

Claire said...

Geoffrey as Lear? Love it.

Unknown said...

AMAZING.

Vixie said...

It really was :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...