inspiration award and blog love

My lovely friend Claire of Country Mouse Tales has given me a blog award, woo!



Here is the lovely, lovely thing that Claire said about me and my blog:

"Vixie @Matin Lapin. Vixie and I have been friends in real life for over three years now, and she is just one of the warmest, sweetest, kindest, funniest and most talented women I know. She has recently taken to blogging in a major (and very Vixie) way and I am loving her posts on art, Eurovision, tea, and everything else."

How lovely is that? What a sweetie!


So I have to pass this award on to ten bloggers who inspire me... hmmm...

It's been hard, but my ten most inspirational bloggers/illustrators (what can I say, I can't resist illustration blogs) would have to be, in no particular order:
  • Missed Connections by Sophie Blackall is the dreamiest illustrated blog I have ever seen, and brings to mind romantic Amelie-esque fantasies with every image.
  • Jill's Today I Saw blog is a charming insight into someone else's life through pictures.
  • The Dainty Squid is written by Kaylah, the blue-haired, camera-wielding, kitty-loving collector-extraordinaire. I love her blog, it's just so down to earth, stylish and generally lovely!
  • Little Doodles - no matter how I may be feeling, seeing Kate's delicious birdy (and cakey, mmm) illustrations makes me so smiley!
  • Planet Fur is written by the lovely Marlous, who is based in Netherlands - she writes about all sorts of pretty things and makes utterly gorgeous felt mounted animals (I couldn't resist asking her to make me a very special unicorn, and I LOVE IT!) - check out her blog and adorable Etsy shop.
  • Vi Hart's blog is full of the most wonderful mathsy-geeky-genius-awesome videos reflecting her love of everything Maths. I especially love the snaaaaaaakkkkeessssss!
  • Color Me Katie is the most uplifting thing on the internet - I simply adore everything Katie has to say, seeing all her gorgeous bubbly-explody-rainbow-popping photos and reading about all of her amazing adventures!
  • Young House Love is one of the sweetest blogs I know, I love reading all about John and Sherry's DIY adventures in their delightful new home.
  • Hey Pais - how can one not be inspired by this??? It is the internet's only journal comic by a cat, after all!

So, there we are: what do you think of my choices?

6 hellos:

Sherry Petersik said...

Aw thanks so much! We're blushing. Off to check out some of the other sites you linked to!

xoxo,
Sherry (& John)

Vixie said...

You're welcome, I love you guys!

Geninne said...

Thank you so, so much Vixie :)

Jill Wignall said...

Thank you Vixie. So kind of you!

Vixie said...

You're all welcome, you guys are awesome!

kaylah said...

Thanks Vixie!! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...