Will and Kate Monopoly


Monopoly, the board game, was created in 1904, under the name 'The Landlord's Game', but it only started to resemble the game we all know 30 years later after it was developed and renamed 'Monopoly' by Charles Darrow. It wasn't until I was about 1994 that I even knew of it's existence. For me at that age it was pretty enjoyable, and I spent many happy Christmases attempting to beat everyone and anyone I could.

In 1998 the Monopoly license was obtained by Winning Moves Games who started creating variants of the original London-based board, using other UK cities and regions, and since then there have been hundreds of variants. If you are so inclined, you can see a list of them here.

I have never been terribly keen on the variants, I prefer the standard board that I grew up playing. My opinion on this, however, is sure to change with the news that the newest Monopoly set to be made is based on the Welsh Isle of Anglesey - where Will and Kate have set up their first marital home.

I'm sure I can probably force myself to give that set a go!

0 hellos:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...