injury time & Pinterest the saviour

At first, the thought of taking a week off to let my muscles heal after this epic fail was totally OK with me... "sweet, a whole week to just sit about and make a few sparkly things, and no need to even get out of my pyjamas. Lov-er-ly!" ...I naively thought.

It's been 13 days since I hurt my back in that fall, and I'm getting thoroughly frustrated at not being able to do all the things I want/need to do. I'm lucky that I work for myself, and have been able to do some of the things I have needed to do while curled up warm and snuggly in bed. Post Office runs have been done by the ever patient chap of the house, so I've just had to concentrate my efforts on getting orders out on time and 'resting'.

It is, however, increasingly hard to know what I can do to keep occupied while 'resting'. I'm not very good at doing nothing, even when I know it's what my body needs. My brain is too busy planning and designing and thinking and worrying to just sit about doing nothing in its vain attempt at rest.

So, I've read a few books and I have the entire new version of the WFTDA rules to learn, and that's keeping me busy-ish, but reading rulebooks is not the most exciting of things, so when I've not been reading I have been spending an unhealthy amount of time on Pinterest.

Oh Pinterest! If you were a person, you would be one of my all time favourites!

The only downsi
de with playing on you, you wicked little website, are the dozens of projects I feel I now MUST try, none of which seem to be very likely to be accomplished in this state.

Let's take a peek at some of the things I am determined to try when I'm back on my feet and able to move around:

2 hellos:

Unknown said...

So sad to hear you are still not feeling right. Have you been taking ibuprofen? Like all the time, not just when the pain is at its worst? Can you take it?

I hope you feel better soon! xxx

Vixie said...

I know, it sucks :( I've not been, I have a bit of a thing about taking drugs when it's not totally necessary, but perhaps I should start?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...